How I got here:
I was born in Macau, China and just a few months later my parents and I immigrated to Canada. After originally landing in Nova Scotia we ultimately settled in Edmonton and have been here ever since.
Growing up I was curious about everything, but it wasn’t until after High School that I really broke out of my shell and started to explore. I had many different and interesting jobs along the way but eventually worked in the oil and gas sector as a computer analyst. I soon realized that the corporate 9 to 5 was too restrictive and was draining the life out of me. After over 3 years I decided to change direction and focus on the thing that I most enjoyed and that was real estate and working with people. I started out my new career as a real estate appraiser and eventually built up a small appraisal and consulting firm which I still own today. With a solid foundation in real estate and an interest in the people side of the business it was inevitable that I transitioned into real estate sales.
How I Liv:
What would you do if you won the lottery?
The responsible person would say to pay off any debts and continue working and live a humble life but who am I kidding. I would totally Liv it up!
What’s your favourite restaurant in Edmonton?
There’s too many to list but it’ll have to be Japanese food… Sushi Wasabi
If you could personally witness one event in history, what would it be?
The big bang
If you could shop for free forever at any store, what store would it be?
The Porsche dealership
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
It would have to be Professor’s X power… telepath
If you only had 24 hours to live, what would you do?
Spend time with my family and friends
- Spending time with my family
- Connecting with friends
- Travelling and experiencing different cultures
- Eating and cooking
- Drinking my cappuccino while reading a good book or the business section of the newspaper at a coffee shop
- Snowboarding, golfing and jogging
- Being a dedicated member of the New Entrepreneurs Toastmasters Club
Real Estate Education and Investment Seminars:
- Canadian National Association of Real Estate Appraisers – Designated Appraiser Residential (DAR)
- Mastering Unique & Complex Property Appraisal
- Appraising the single family residence
- Appraising Small Income Properties
- The Cost Approach for Residential Properties
- Residential Appraisal report writing
- Standards Review
- Appraiser Ethics
- Principles of Residential Real Estate
- Defending Yourself
- Joint Venture Secrets
- Real Estate Investment Network
- Wealth Intelligence Academy
- Commercial Real Estate Investing
- Rehabbing for Profit
- Lease Option
- Creative Financing
Cathy Karleen, David Luong’s Licensed Assistant
Being born and raised here in Edmonton, I have strong ties to this city and am very happy to call it home. I am married, with 2 amazing kids that keep me running. I juggle many things, running the household, volunteering at their school and of course, for the last 2 years, my job as assistant to David Luong. I love what I do and am very happy to be a part of a team that truly cares about helping our clients find the perfect place to kick off their shoes and call home.