What is Cabinet Refacing?Cabinet refacing is when you keep your original cabinet boxes but replace your cabinet doors, drawer fronts and any exposed faces of your cabinets. Since you keep your existing cabinet boxes and don’t have to completely remodel the layout of your kitchen, you’ll save yourself the major expense of buying new cabinetry and the labour of costly installation. There are companies that can help you with cabinet refacing in Edmonton. They will offer expert advice and everything you would need to reface your cabinets including doors, drawer fronts, vaneer or laminate panels, hardware and other accessories. You can change the style, colour and even the material of your cabinet faces.
How to Reface Your Kitchen CabinetsWhether you decide to install kitchen cabinets or reface your kitchen cabinets, an avid do-it-yourself could save themselves the cost of installation by tackling the project themselves. Here are some simple steps for DIY cabinet refacing:
- Remove all existing doors, drawer fronts and hinges.
- Clean and prepare cabinet surfaces.
- Apply the laminate, vinyl or vaneer panels to all visible exteriors of the cabinets.
- Trim the coverings.
- Install new hinges, doors and drawer fronts.
- Install new hardware, moulding or other accessories you might choose