- mortgage rates are on the rise, as they climb, sales should cool
- inflation is making everything more expensive, which may push prices up, especially for new construction
- in an inflationary market, it is better to have assets like real estate than cash
- our unemployment rate is still very high
- if the vaccine works, people will start to travel and there will be less interest in local real estate.
Fantastic! Our economy, thanks to low interest rates, is starting to crush it! And next year should be ANOTHER white hot year as we continue to recover! Edmonton is soon going to be THE place to live in Canada. I think that we will be over $600,000 for an average detached by 2024.Posted by Tom on Tuesday, June 1st, 2021 at 2:07am
[…] how I predicted just a few days ago that new listings would continue their downward trend for the remainder of the year. We normally […]Posted by Weekly Market Update June 4/21 - The Edmonton Real Estate BlogThe Edmonton Real Estate Blog on Friday, June 4th, 2021 at 7:59am