Alberta Residential and Commercial Solar ProgramEnergy Efficiency Alberta, a third-party organization, has been designated to distribute multiple rebate programs, including the Residential and Commercial Solar Program and other rebates to help you save money on Energy Efficiency upgrades. The solar rebate is funded by a $36 million-dollar pool generated from carbon tax revenues. The rebate is allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis subject to your time of application.
FundingThe residential rebate provides $0.75/W up to $10,000 or 30% of eligible system costs. The commercial rebate provides $0.75/W up to $500,000 of 25% of eligible system costs. Commercial installations are also eligible for an additional incentive in the form of an accelerated Capital Cost Allowance which allows renewable energy assets to be depreciated at 50% per year. Contact your financial advisor/accountant for depreciation details. Eligible costs for this rebate program will cover all materials and construction costs. GST is not included in the rebate.
- The system must be grid-tied (off-grid systems are not applicable)
- System must be a Micro-Generator as classified by the Micro-Generation Regulation (all residential systems will be ok)
- Array must not be eligible for other provincial rebates (Farms and businesses cannot apply for this specific grant)
- Only one application per property (based on Site ID). e. if you expand your solar array, you can’t apply for the rebate on the expansion
- The applicant must own the property or have long-term rights to the property
- Solar power system must be designed and installed by a qualified solar installer.